Cookie Dough Overnight Oatmeal recipe to make those mornings that much better with a healthy cookie dough layer, yogurt and oats to kick start the day with breakfast the right way.
(Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Dairy-Free & Vegan friendly)
The best recipes are when you feel indulgent but the truth is, you are being healthy! Say hello to our healthy Cookie Dough Overnight Oatmeal.
Helllllooooooo my lovely.
I’m notorious for not being hungry for breakfast. I need a good hour or two after waking up before eating. That is … unless it involves cookie dough.
If cookie dough is involved I have no problem eating breakfast right away.
If these little jars of Cookie Dough Overnight Oatmeal also were sitting in your fridge staring at you in the A.M. could you resist? I doubt most people could.
Each layer of this overnight oatmeal is perfection. The best is the bottom layer, our healthy cookie dough. Remember this recipe? Yes. cookie dough perfection and surprisingly packed with protein.
Then we’ve got a yogurt layer with our overnight oats! Yummmm.
This is HOW YOU EAT BREAKFAST.
Note: You can easily make this dairy-free and vegan by opting to use your favorite dairy-free yogurt alternative.
One thing that I will say about overnight oatmeal, it’s not low calorie. However, it is packed with nutritious fiber making it a healthy alternative to the nutritionally empty breakfast options out there. Pay no mind to the calories when its filled with nutrition is my mindset.
Like the other reader favorites, these Cookie Dough Overnight Oatmeals will actually keep you FULL. Honestly, I often can’t finish one mason jar in one sitting. R can’t either, which says a bit.
Many times I will eat half in the morning and the remaining a couple hours later because. . . I like to eat.
With our move on the horizon we are cutting down on unnecessary items like small glass jars. I’d love some smaller glass jars to fit my overnight oatmeal in. If you aren’t moving anytime soon then these smaller jars I’ve had my eye on might be perfect to split these into 4 devourable portion sizes.
Now get to making your mornings into a breakfast perfection with a hefty spoonful of cookie dough overnight oatmeal. Because one of the best ways to start your morning is with a little bit of chocolate and a large cup of mocha coffee!
check out just how easy this is to make!
Cookie Dough Overnight Oatmeal
Healthy, Gluten-Free, Low-Sugar, Dairy-Free & Vegan friendly
Prep Time: 20min
Cook Time: min
Total Time: 20min
Healthy Edible Cookie Dough
- ¼ cup smooth nut butter of choice (peanut, cashew, almond or sunflower butter for nut-free all work)
- 4 oz unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup agave nectar (honey if not vegan)
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten-free baking flour
- ¼ - ½ cup chocolate chips
Cookie Dough Yogurt Layer
- 2 cups plain yogurt (or favorite dairy-free yogurt alternative)
- 1/2 cup of healthy edible cookie dough (see recipe above)
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Quick Oats
- 1 cup rice milk (or other dairy-free/nut-free milk alternative)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bow, mix together nut butter, applesauce, salt, vanilla extract, agave nectar, flour.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Remove 1/2 cup of cookie dough for the next step. Set aside the rest.
- Prepare the Cookie Dough Yogurt layer by combining 1/2 cup cookie dough with yogurt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together quick oats, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- With cookie dough, yogurt and oats layer in a mason jar and crumble with cookie dough to finish.
- Cover and store in the fridge. Allow at least 2 hours before eating. Left overnight is best.