Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oatmeal recipe makes it easy to get through the hectic days by starting them off right. Fall flavor packed into a easy warm breakfast, bring it on. (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Low-Sugar, Vegan & Nut-Free friendly)
Overnight Oatmeals are my lifeline.
I’ve been in a breakfast mood. Not the good kind though. The breakfast mood that comes because NOTHING sounds good to me. Before I know it I’m going about the day and realize I did not eat breakfast around noon.
We are honest here in VB world. Yes, I’ve skipped breakfast on accident a lot lately. *GASP*
I know it’s not good. Don’t get me wrong, there isn’t anything wrong with intermittent fasting but it can’t be good for me to do it on a daily basis.
Things have been cray cray. Every day I get up, drink a cup of tea, talk to R then it’s off the to races to get the tasks done for the day so I don’t get behind as I prep for the move and trip.
I was trying to avoid having both back-to-back, but life happens and you gotta roll with it.
Because life can be a whirlwind and sometimes you just need to make it a tad bit easier with less work.
There have been times where I’ve thought I was busy and that was how my lazy cook tendencies came into play. The past two months have brought a new meaning of busy for me.
Side Note: Have you tried our ooey gooey peanut butter stuffed oatmeal yet? Such a oldie but goodie.
It’s become apparent that I’m naturally a lazy cook. Lately I’m pure lackadaisical. As long as there is SOMETHING to eat, sounds good to me.
Our The Easy Gluten-Free Cookbook seems to have been a gateway to this chaos and lucky for us all we now have 100+ recipes that are JUST FOR US LAZY, LACKADAISICAL, HECTIC LIFESTYLE PEOPLE.
One day and one overnight oatmeal at a time.
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oatmeal
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Low-Sugar, Vegan & Nut-Free friendly
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: min
Total Time: 10min
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or dairy-free alternative
- 4 Tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 large apple, chopped + more for toppings
- 1 cup milk or dairy-free alternative
- In a medium bowl mix together, oats, yogurt, flax seed, cinnamon, maple syrup, milk and chopped apples.
- Spoon evenly between two mason jars. Cover.
- Place in a refrigerator for at least 2 hours, best if overnight.
- Top with more freshly chopped apple and cinnamon if desired.