Edible Cookie Dough Truffles recipe and How To Make them Healthy, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Lower-sugar! Made edible and egg-less with only 7 simple ingredients!
After posting our edible cookie dough recipe last month, I made a discovery: You are all edible cookie dough lovers, too! I knew there was a reason we were friends. 😉
Let’s take it a step further, eh?
Eating cookie dough straight from the bowl is all good for your late night cravings. Been there, done that.
However, you can’t just bring a bowl of edible cookie dough to work or holiday parties. // Orrrrrr can you?
No, probably not.
Solution: Coat them in chocolate and we have ourselves edible cookie dough truffles!!
Almost too easy and simple? Perfect.
I guarantee that if you bring a batch of Edible Cookie Dough Truffles to your workplace, you will get the best co-worker ever award. // Yessssssssss that is a thing and isn’t that what we all strive for?
Or if you don’t have co-workers to give these to, at least this is a fancy pinky up way of eating edible cookie dough vs. eating it right from the bowl.
Really, these would be perfect for holiday gifts, too. So simple to make, but so unbelievably fancy looking. Isn’t that pretty much what we are all about here at VB?
Decorate however you would like, with festive colors to match the holidays, sprinkles, or even make them Halloween spooky with eyeballs. // I almost did this, but something in my inner ‘I love taking pictures of desserts’ went with the classic white chocolate drizzle.
There is actually a perfect chocolate-to-cookie-dough ratio with these edible cookie dough truffles. Don’t get me wrong, I love cookie dough all by itself, but adding an extra bit of chocolate in there does some good for the soul.
Don’t believe me? Well, all you got to do is try it for yourself.
Follow us on Facebook if you love recipe videos like this one. We put out new ones every single week.
Edible Cookie Dough Truffles Recipe
Gluten free, dairy free, low sugar
Yield: 13-16 truffles
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 2 min
Total Time: 75 min
- 1/2 cup butter or dairy-free butter option, softened
- 1/8-1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free baking flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk or almond milk if dough is slightly crumbly
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate, melted
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, cane sugar, brown sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
- Slowly stir in flour. Add Milk at this time if dough is slightly crumbly.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Roll into 13-16 cookie dough balls, place onto parchment paper. Freeze 1-2 hours.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt 1 1/2 cups chocolate for 30 seconds, stir and continue this until fully melted.
- Drop cookie dough balls one at a time into melted chocolate, fully coat, drop back onto parchment paper. Allow them to fully harden. Drizzle with white chocolate or decorate however you see fit!