How to Make Meatloaf on Sheet Pan surrounded with potatoes, carrots and broccoli. The best Meatloaf recipe is packed with a healthy helping of veggies. Full meal cooked at the same time with less clean-up … bonus! (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Low-Carb)
I know, I’m the girl who has some interesting aversions to meat from time to time. Most do not understand why meatloaf is a highly favored dish of mine… Honestly, I don’t entirely understand it either.
Meatloaf was an absolute favorite comfort dish growing up and still is to this day. We just roll with a gluten-free meatloaf now.
Back when we made adorable meatloaf muffins is when I first tried out gluten-free meatloaf that was PACKED with extra veggies. It’s one of those recipes where I swear your family and friends will have zero clue it’s a gluten-free meal. So. Good.
Looking for a sweet and tangy twist? Check out gluten free teriyaki meatloaf from Flippin’ Delicious.
When you are cooking for a crowd and you have a little extra time for cooking but lack the motivation for clean up, this Sheet Pan Meatloaf is the solution.
Secret: I seriously hate cleaning muffin pans. DESPISE IT. This recipe was my solution one night.
Not to mention, my house is slowly but surely becoming a blank canvas. Non-essential items are being sold and even semi-non-essential items like silicone muffins pans are going, going, gone.
I’m really getting a feel for what I actually USE and it’s gotten easier to let things go. Actually, it’s a liberating feeling.
Our meatloaf muffins can be made in a traditional muffin pan but the silicone muffin pans really help with the removal. However, I use those silicone muffin pans perhaps once every 8 months.
Sold those bad boys and that is how Sheet Pan Meatloaf came into the game so today we’re gonna teach you how to make meatloaf the no-muss-no-fuss way on the sheet pan surrounded by potatoes, carrots, broccoli and really any other vegetable like bacon brussel sprouts on your dinner plate tonight.
In about an hour you’ll have a delicious balanced meal with minimal clean up.
MY KIND OF MEAL. Just like the recipes we love in our cookbook, The Easy Gluten-Free Cookbook. Join me. 🙂
Sheet Pan Meatloaf
Dinner, Sheet Pan
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Low-Carb
Prep Time: 15min
Cook Time: 85min
Total Time: 100min
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup + 2 TBS more for topping
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 cups roughly chopped red potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- optional: 1/2 cup broccoli spears
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl mix together ground beef, green pepper, onion, carrots, garlic, cornmeal, eggs and ketchup.
- Prepare a large sheet pan with a piece of aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray. Pour meat mixture into center of foil, form into a loaf. Fold ends of aluminum foil around meatloaf.
- Spread potatoes and carrots around meatloaf. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat veggies. Glaze top of meatloaf with additional ketchup.
- Bake 50 minutes. Add broccoli, drizzle with olive oil. Bake for another 20 minutes, or until center of meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.