Pressure Cooker Pork Chops cooked in a honey mustard sauce. Enjoy the simplicity of 10 minutes of actual work and 30 minutes of hands-free cooking as the pressure cooker sizzles them to perfection. Green beans and mushrooms are added to the mix for a all-around dinner in a flash. (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
Our first pressure cooker recipe! Oh this is exciting!!!
For all those people on the edge of getting one – I was on that edge with you for over a year. I finally took the plunge and I have to say I am very happy I did.
After spending a week with my sister with two kids under two, I realized the absolute ESSENTIAL tool that a pressure cooker is for mothers. I kid you not (da dum cha!) – anyone you know about to have kids? Get this for a baby gift. They are going to need it.
For those who haven’t had their eyes opened to a pressure cooker yet, it is a slow cooker on steroids.
It cooks food faster than a slow cooker and at the same time keeps meat exceptionally moist. Slow cookers at times can dry things out. So more convenient AND more effective!
Now, I will be the first to admit that I am not (by any means) a pressure cooker expert. There are a few out there that are.
I do however see the potential in this kitchen essential that will be used for many years to come.
One other thing to keep in mind, lots of recipes you will see say it only takes 5 minutes to cook! Well, yes, once it reaches pressure.
So keep that in mind while planning to make the magic happen with a pressure cooker.
My first recipe made with my sister was Pressure Cooker Pork Chops.
So moist and flavorful! Needless to say, it was the first recipe I tackled myself once I got my own.
I’ve also been told by my sister that I need to create more Pressure Cooker recipes so she can keep her sanity and quickly cook food for her family. Challenge accepted.
She also currently has avoid dairy as her youngest has a dairy intolerance. Does this not seem like the perfect way to introduce pressure cooker recipes on VeggieBalance?!
What about you? Are you on the edge thinking about jumping into pressure cooker recipe land? Come join us. // This totally sounds cult like.
I promise it is not, I’m just trying to make our lives easier.
Have a pressure cooker already? These Pressure Cooker Pork Chops and Green Beans with a Honey Mustard Sauce are definitely something delicious to add to your dinner list!
Items You Might Need for this Pressure Cooker Pork Chops recipe.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium cut Bone-in Pork Chops
- ½ cup onions, thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 oz white button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups fresh green beans, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Turn pressure cooker to sauté. Add olive oil and when pot is hot sear both sides of each pork chop. Remove seared pork chops from pot.
- Pressure cooker still on sauté add, onions, and garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl reserve ¼ cup of chicken broth and whisk in 2 Tablespoons cornstarch.
- Pour remaining 1¾ cups of chicken broth into pressure cooker, slowly whisk in cornstarch mixture.
- Stir in honey and mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add in the seared pork chops, mushrooms, and green beans in that order.
- Lock lid and close pressure valve. Cook on High Pressure for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow a 10-12 minute natural release.
- Remove green beans, mushrooms and pork chops from pressure cooker.
- Turn Pressure Cooker back to sauté, whisk in remaining tablespoon of cornstarch to thicken sauce even more. (You may omit this step if you would like.)
Weight Watcher Points: 12 SmartPoints