Skinny chocolate chip cookies recipe that are healthy, vegan friendly, super low-sugar, low-fat and delectably moist. (Healthy, Gluten Free & Vegan)
There is a moment in life when you just have to give in and have a little fun. These skinny chocolate chip cookies are that moment my friends.
We’ve all been there. You’ve had a great week fueling your body with fruits and veggies, then that craving hits and you want something sweet. Something sweet and of course with CHOCOLATE.
My Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookie Mission Included
- Create a cookie with no oil, no butter, and low in sugar.
- Replacing the oil with applesauce not only helps the fat content of these but at the same time creates a fluffy and moist cookie.
That slowly changed as I started fueling my body with better food, finding my food allergies, and in result having more energy.
So about this race. It was a beautiful sunny day running along a path next to a riverbank. I almost ended up running 6 miles all the way through just because I felt so amazing. (Never done that before) Mile 10 is when it started going downhill for me and every joint started voicing it’s opinion. Around mile 13 is when I really felt like I hit a wall.. It wasn’t pretty. Those remaining 2.5 miles felt forever away. I ended up walking a little bit but still finished under my goal of 3 hours and 30 minutes, but barely. Official time 3 hours and 27 minutes.
I’m proud and currently the way my body feels don’t know what I was thinking. I do know, I earned myself this cookie. I love healthier cookies! Bon Appétit!
Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten free, vegan friendly, low sugar
Yield: 1.5 dozen
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1 cup flour (all-purpose, whole wheat, gluten-free flour)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons -1/4 cup sugar (or 4 Tablespoons honey if not strict vegan)
- 4 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips or Vegan Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract and sugar and mix well
- Stir in the peanut butter and applesauce until a combined well then fold in chocolate chips
- If the mixture is a little sticky for handling try refrigerating it for 30mins to an hour to help
- Drop the dough onto a greased baking sheet by the tablespoons.
- Bake them for about 8-10 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Serving size: 1 cookie Calories: 80 Fat: 3.4 g Saturated fat: 1.2 g Unsaturated fat: 0 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 12 g Sugar: 5 g Sodium: 21.7 mg Fiber: 0 g Protein: 2 g Cholesterol: 1.6 mg