Spinach Mushroom Quinoa Egg Cups for those quick out of the door mornings. Meal prep done right with these healthy egg cups to keep you full for the rest of the day. (Gluten-Free, Low-Sugar, Dairy-Free friendly)
Meal prep Sundays? Everyone is doing it. Join in the coolness. Be the meal prep cool kid.
Whipping up a batch of these quinoa eggs cups packed with spinach, mushrooms and a dash of tangy cheese is exactly what should be on the to-do list for meal prep Sunday.
Full transparency: I wish I could say I’ve got my sh** together enough to actually do meal prep. Realistically at this point, I’m just trying to survive.
Which equates to applesauce, protein bars and taco salads. Oh, how I wish I wasn’t telling the truth right now, but seriously that is all I can muster together at this point.
Survive. Just survive. I will survive …
Moving into a new place (AGAIN) and just a few days later flying out of the country. Yeah, meal preps will happen when we return.
R just last night said how much he can’t wait to have a routine again. I hear you baby, loud and clear.
What’s on the menu when we return? You guessed it, these Spinach Mushrooms Quinoa Egg Cups!
With R still leaving for work at 5 a.m. he really does not have the luxury of being surrounded by healthier food all day. (Yeah, I know I’m a lucky one.)
Something quick and to-go really is a must. Just like our overnight blueberry overnight oatmeal, a personal favorite of mine.
But these egg cups are so much better in terms of snackability and healthy food on-the-go.
Need any other easy gluten-free recipes?
Don’t forget to check out out The Easy Gluten-Free Cookbook. Packed with easy, packable, delicious treats for all ranges of your recipe needs. Which is NOW in bookstores all across the United States! (Pinch me. I’m dreaming)
So I guess the whole point of my story today? Don’t be like me right now. Be awesome instead and plan your meals with these Spinach Mushroom Quinoa Egg Cups.
check out just how easy this is to make!
Spinach Mushroom Quinoa Egg Cups
(Gluten-Free, Low-Sugar, Dairy-Free friendly)
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 20min
Total Time: 30min
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms (mushroom variety of your choice)
- 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed and strained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese + more for topping (or dairy-free alternative)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare muffin pan by lightly greasing to cooking spray
- In a medium bowl mix together quinoa, mushrooms, spinach, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, eggs, and cheese.
- Spoon 2-3 Tablespoons of mixture into each muffin tin. Filling to the top. Top with additional cheese.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes.
- Allow to fully cool in muffin tin. Carefully remove.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.