Avocado Taco Bowls with Sweet Potato recipe made with 6 simple and easy ingredients for a healthy and quick meal. This is a fantastic stuffed avocado recipe to make for meal prepping.
(Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan Friendly)
I’ve climbed aboard the sweet potato and Mexican spices bandwagon. It is amazing.
Generally speaking, I have no patience for time consuming meals. Ain’t nobody got the time for that. These Avocado Taco Bowls are the epitome of an easy meal. // Just what I need.
Eat healthy with minimal work. Yasssssssssss.
How to Cook with the Sweet Potatoes in our Stuffed Avocado Taco Bowls
- Make sure sweet potatoes are fork tender before placing filled avocado bowls into the oven. (They will not cook that much in the oven.)
- To quicken this process, simply cover and cook the beans and sweet potato in a pan for 8-10 minutes on low heat, stirring every so often.
It doesn’t take much for me to fall in love with a meal when it involves Mexican flavors. These flavorful Avocado Taco Bowls are no different.
This is especially true when we throw in our beloved sweet potatoes.
Mexican spices + Sweet Potatoes = DELICIOUS SWEET HEAVEN. We love using our homemade taco seasoning and then a drizzle of our copycat taco sauce.
Best Reasons to Make These Stuffed Avocado Taco Bowls!!
- You can easily swap the beans for ground beef or crockpot shredded chicken. I’ve done that before and it is good if you or a family member is not vegetarian.
- One thing I love so much about this is the leftovers.
- There is leftover filling to fill another 5-6 avocado taco bowls. This makes this recipe the perfect meal for meal prepping or quick lunches.
- You don’t have to bake the avocado taco bowls if you don’t have the resources or the time. I’ve microwaved the sweet potato & bean filling, filled the avocado, topped with my favorite toppings, and called that a lunch when the oven wasn’t an option.
Swaps to Make our Stuffed Avocados dairy-free
To make this 100% dairy-free and vegan, simply make with dairy-free cheese (or omit cheese entirely) and use dairy-free plain yogurt instead of sour cream. You’ve got options.
If you haven’t joined the sweet-potato-in-Mexican-dishes bandwagon yet, I highly advise you to jump on and try these Stuffed Avocado Taco Bowls.
Megan @ MegUnprocessed says
Looks vibrant and very appetizing!