Make this Edible Cookie Dough 4 Different Ways! Plus How-To Make it Safe to eat with our quick tip. Making this safe-to eat and eggless cookie dough with just 7 simple ingredients! Dreams do come true.
(Gluten-Free, Lower-Sugar, Dairy-Free friendly)
Edible Cookie Dough Here. I am going to rock your world. I am eggless and totally OK to eat!
That raw dough (and licking the bowl clean) is the highlight of my baking. Now, I know you aren’t supposed to consume raw eggs; I know this, but that dough is just too darn good!
TIPS for those Concerned with Consuming Raw Flour – Heat Treated Flour!
- If you are concerned about the raw flour as many say is actually the real risk with eating raw cookie dough and NOT the eggs. Follow the following instructions.
- Preheat your oven to about 325 degrees F.
- Take your measured flour and lay it out on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow it to fully cool before using in recipe.
- This should kill off any bacteria that is lingering in the raw flour that could supposedly make you sick.
Plus, let’s be honest here; it’s blasphemy to let cookie dough go to waste on that spoon! // If I see you wash off a spoon chock full of leftover cookie dough, we cannot be friends.
I’m kidding . . . Sort of.
As you place the cookies on the baking sheet, want to erase the fear of getting sick after realizing you ate a total of 3 cookies of dough? // There is a possibility that this happened.
Have a craving to eat a tube of chocolate chip cookie dough?
Edible Cookie Dough to the rescue!
How to Store Our Cookie Dough and How Long It Will Last
- How to Store our Eggless Cookie Dough: It’s best if it’s stored in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator.
- How Long It’ll Last? Well, thats entirely up to you. If you can get it to last 5-7 days it will keep great when stored correctly. However, from my experience you’ve got about 24 hours before the entire batch of cookie dough just disappears from your house. Everyone will be sneaking spoonfuls of this edible cookie dough when you are not looking!
How did this edible cookie dough come to existence?
I’ll break it down for you. One night, after a very long day, R was out of town and the house was super quiet. There was a glass of wine consumed along with 4 consecutive episodes of Grey’s Anatomy.
I began dreaming of the countless chocolate chip cookie batches made earlier that week.
What I really wanted though, was that dang dough. I didn’t want to bake it (psh, we don’t need that); I just want to eat that amazing cookie dough!
Voila! That is how this edible chocolate chip cookie dough was born.
What followed after that? Another 3-4 episodes of Grey’s. ????????
That is how I roll when the house is all to myself.
Relaxing? Heckssssss yes.
I’ve come to the conclusion that is how most ‘eating-raw-cookie-dough-out-of-the-tube’ scenarios begin.
You have a couple options in shoveling this delicious eggless and edible cookie dough into your mouth:
- Option A: Sit there with with the entire bowl and eat with a spoon.
- Option B: Roll into tiny little delicious cookie dough balls. Then devour.
- Both are effective methods.
Is this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough the best? Yes. 😉
- It’s Gluten-Free
- Made lower-sugar
- Wayyyy better then store bought cookie dough because you have the option to make it gluten-free!
Seriously, dreams really do come true. // Would it be weird that I actually have dreamed about eating cookie dough? Yeah? Ok, never mind then.
Ways to adapt and add in some extra mix-ins to make this cookie dough whatever your heart desires. Cookie Dough made 4 different ways!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: Make it like normal by the recipe below. See our recipe video too. If you would like to make it with all-purpose flour check out this Edible Cookie Dough recipe.
- Edible Sugar Cookie Dough: Omit the chocolate chips and add an additional 1/2 cup sugar!
- Birthday Cookie Dough: Add sprinkles for a extra festive birthday touch.
- S’mores Cookie Dough: Add marshmallows and crushed gluten-free graham crackers. Note: This recipe is great if you are serving it the same day. The graham crackers will begin to get a little soft after 24 hours so advised if you are making this version to eat it within that time frame… should really be a problem. 😉
These edible cookie dough balls are more for those days when you just need some cookie dough in your life.
Once rolled into those perfect bites, you can grab one, eat it, then decide you need another. Then this cycle continues until they are all gone. // Not speaking from personal experience or anything.
So whether it’s been a rough day, or a day you just need some comfort cookie dough, speaking from experience, this chocolate chip egg-less edible cookie dough will solve those problems.
Other recipes you might enjoy if you are looking for something tad bit healthier.
- Healthy Cookie Dough made with Peanut Butter
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Cookie Dough recipe by That’s Low Carb?!
- Strawberry Cookie Dough Ice cream