Cajun Salmon Pasta Dinner packed full of cajun flavor with broccoli and salmon. Using our favorite cheese sauce to make this quick and fulfilling dinner in under 30 minutes.
(Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Dairy-Free and Vegetarian friendly)
This is one of those dinners we keep falling back on time and time again. It is about time we share!
We shared our favorite cheese sauce recipe a couple months ago and here we are going to share one of my favorite ways to enjoy it!
You really can’t go wrong with cajun seasoning these days in my household. I AM OBSESSED WITH IT!
You can really experiment with your favorite seasonings as this dish is super versatile.
What is in our Cajun Salmon Pasta Dinner?
- Smoked Salmon – Now if I’m honest I really only add this for the family. I’d be completely content without it myself BUT if you eat fish and you family loves their extra protein this smoked salmon addition adds a lovely smokey flavor with our cajun seasoning. You can also add cooked chicken as well.
- Steamed Broccoli – Mmmm we know how much I love my broccoli. More ways to enjoy broccoli.
- Gluten-Free Pasta – You can use any pasta you’d like, fuesilli is our personal favorite. It cooks quick and perfectly holds the cajun cheese sauce.
- Chopped Tomatoes – I love adding some fresh chopped tomatoes at the end to at a bit of fresh lively flavor to the dish.
How to make sure your Cajun cheese sauce turns out right
- Beware of water – Depending on the quality of ingredients just even a tiny bit of water can have the sauce separate on you.
- Quality – Higher quality ingredients tend to have more fat and are not processed as much in terms of added ingredients.
- Heat – You want the heat to be low enough to thicken our cream BUT not hot enough that it is rolling bubbling. Having it too hot will cause your sauce to burn.
- When it is done – When you stir the sauce should stay apart for a couple seconds before folding back into itself. If it doesn’t do this, continue to cook on a low simmer until this happens.
NOTE: This sauce does not reheat the greatest. I personally don’t mind it but some people might.
For any other tips to this cheese sauce we’ve got quite a few tips in our Perfect Cheese Sauce Recipe.
Also if you are looking for an entirely dairy-free and Vegan cheese substitute be sure to check this one out!