How to Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs are a simple 3-step process to achieve perfected cooked, easy-to-peel and ready to add to any dish or eat as is boiled egg. It’s brilliant!
I feel justified in tooting my own horn here: I have seriously figured out the best way to make a hard boiled egg. It’s perfect.
My whole life, hard boiled eggs have been the worst. They peel like garbage and it looks like a rat has been chewing away at the eggs for days. My deviled eggs were left in shambles.
Of course they still taste phenomenal but we are visual people and when something looks like THAT it can damper our appetite and set off OCD – especially for someone you all know and love. (Spoiler alert, it’s me.)
After years of adding salt to the water, baking in the oven, different cook times ect. – I’ve finally mastered this!
Perfect Hard Boiled Egg process:
- Step One – Boil your water. I know this seems like a tedious task, but wait for it to be undeniably bubbly so the water is nice and hot!
- Step Two – Gently add your eggs and leave them 11 minutes in the boiling water.
- Step Three – Turn off heat, leave the pan on the burner with eggs. 11 minutes.
- Step Four – Pour water out of pan, add ice and cold water. 11 minutes.
- Step Five – PEEL IN THE WATER.
With these five steps your eggs will be perfectly hard boiled and peel like a dream.
Peeling in the water surprisingly has a huge impact on how well they peel. Don’t skip this step. Keep dunking them into the water over and over again while peeling. The water gets in between the membrane and the shell slides right off.
It is seriously that easy. Where has this technique been the last 27 years of my life?!!
I recently acquired a craving for egg salad and decided this year was the year I’d get it right. A sure-fire sign you are getting older? Your Friday night goal is perfecting a hard boiled egg.
So make these for deviled eggs, egg salad, plain with a bit of salt, mustard or all of the above. This revolutionary technique has been life changing and has give me 10+ batches of perfectly cooked and perfectly peeled hard boiled eggs.
Items You Might Need for this recipe.
- 1 dozen eggs
- Boil your water. I know this seems like a tedious task, but wait for it to be undeniably bubbly so the water is nice and hot!
- Gently add your eggs and leave them 11 minutes in the boiling water.
- Turn off heat, leave the pan on the burner with eggs. 11 minutes.
- Pour water out of pan, add ice and cold water. 11 minutes.
- PEEL IN THE WATER.