Vegan Oatmeal Cookies recipe laced with the perfect amount of cinnamon for a chewy goodness treat. Whip together in one bowl and under 15 minutes you’ll have the best oatmeal cookie ready to devour.
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan)
Ever take a bite of something and find yourself instantly transported to your childhood? These oatmeal cookies do just that for me.
For some reason, they really remind me of my grandmother – taking me back to memories of baking in her kitchen when I was just a kid. Good times!
Then one day I was suddenly struck with a huge CRAVING for oatmeal cookies. I went with it, whipping together a batch with a gluten-free twist from my memory and a little innovation.
The first batch was edible but needed some tweaks to perfectly mimic that chewy cinnamon oatmeal cookie flavor I loved so much from my childhood.
A few batches later, mission accomplished. Now I can even make Vegan Oatmeal Cookies from memory.
Out of the oven, these are gooey but once they settle on the pan for a couple minutes they turn into the chewy cookie R and I love so much.
Dietary Options for these Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Gluten-Free – As always, make sure you use gluten-free rolled oats
- Vegan – Bob’s Red Mill has the BEST vegan egg replacer. When they graciously provided the replacer for me to test drive I used it with another tried-and-true recipe, which came out amazing! If you have an egg allergy or on a vegan diet you HAVE to try it. Flax eggs which can alter the taste a bit, so Bob’s Red Mill is a much better option.
- Dairy or not to Dairy – This recipe has been tested both ways. Don’t need a dairy-free diet? Use normal softened butter! Butter though. REAL BUTTER. #DitchTheMargarine
How to Make Vegan Oatmeal Cookies Both Ways
I’ve tested this recipe both ways with dairy and eggs and without it. Honestly, we both agree we actually preferred the dairy-free/vegan version hands down. Simply use a vegan butter alternative and then a egg replacer like the one we mention above!
If you’ve got a hankering for oatmeal cookies for breakfast these Chocolate Cherry Breakfast Cookies might be a option. If you want to take a trip down memory lane back into your childhood?
These Vegan Oatmeal Cookies are here for that.
Extra Mix-Ins for these Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Plain – We like these as-is ourselves but if you are feeling something a little different there are a few other mix-ins that are great.
- Raisins – Vegan Oatmeal Raisin cookies can be easily made by mixing in about 1/2 cup of dried raisins. My family actually hates raisins so we omit this step for that reason but for those that love them! Here you go. 🙂
- Chocolate Chips – Now THIS is something our family can get on board with. We absolutely love Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Mix in about 1/2 cup of your favorite dairy-free chocolate chips into the batter at the end and there you go!