Brown Sugar Oatmeal in Meal Prep Oatmeal Jars makes breakfast healthy, quick and easy. Because a savory, sweet breakfast doesn’t have to be hard. Prepare yourself for a simply delicious gluten-free solution.
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Low-Sugar)
Brown Sugar Oatmeal is our version of a breakfast of champions. Why? Because you DON’T have to do heavy lifting to enjoy!
Gluten free meal prep is a great way to save some time and avoid the problematic protein. Adulting means a busy life, but that doesn’t mean you have to settle for a lame, flavorless breakfast.
We LOVE oatmeal for its versatility with flavors.
Traveling with Gluten-Free Oatmeal and where these meal prep jars come along.
We love this brown sugar oatmeal for when we travel! I refer to these oatmeal packets in our 10+ Foods to Bring when you travel gluten-free because oatmeals are truly MY FAVORITE way to enjoy a safe breakfast when traveling. I’m still looking for a travel friendly container so I can make multiple batches of this oatmeal.
So far the easiest way I’ve done it is making one serving and storing in a plastic bag. I then make enough to get me through our trip and generally am able to stuff all into one mason jar and then that becomes our ‘bowl’ when we travel. So THAT is how these gluten-free meal prep oatmeal jars have come into existence.
You’ll want to start by assuring your oats are in fact, certified gluten free. They are often processed with other what products, increasing the risk for cross-contamination. Check your labels closely. We link in the recipe below our favorite gluten-free certified oats.
Check out Gluten Free 101 from Nom Nom Gluten Free
Brown Sugar Oatmeal is easy gluten free meal prep
Your easy breakfast is just a few ingredients away.
- Certified gluten-free oats, brown sugar and cinnamon + mason jars. So. Easy.
- Optional: Chopped pecans round out the flavor nicely!
- To make the magic happen: Pour in ¾ a cup of hot water, close the lid and wait 4-5 minutes before enjoying your amazing and hearty breakfast.
It really is just that simple.
When you prep, I prep, we prep
What is with our obsession with meal prep?
The origins of meal prep are found in the techniques professional kitchen use to improve efficiency while maintaining quality and flavor.
The fact is, some places are better than others in “prepping” their food without losing something in the process. That’s why we love this brown sugar oatmeal.
Simple is delicious. There is little chance of error or inconsistency. Just easy on-the-go breakfast on repeat.
Some bonuses to meal prep:
- You can eat healthier, easier.
- Preparing in bulk can help cut costs
- You are less likely to stray with your food choices. Oatmeal is particularly good for this as it helps you feel full. Snack attacks are real, folks.
Concerns about meal prep that don’t necessarily apply:
- Less variety is always a worry with meal prep, especially if you prep far enough out. But remember the versatility of oatmeal? You have options.
- Freshness can fade. Cooking a few days ahead of time is one thing, but with this oatmeal you are prepping to cook. The cooking part is easy, keeping your ingredients fresh in a mason jar helps.
Oatmeal is always a good deal when it comes to breakfast time.
It’s nutritious, can help lower blood sugar and reduce risk of heart disease. Oatmeal is also a go-to for weight management and aiding digestion. It keeps you feeling full and satisfied.
Talk about winning breakfast! Healthy. Happy. Yummy!
Speaking of yummy, check out these easy Oatmeal recipes you might enjoy!
- Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Baked Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- Overnight Oatmeal (10 recipes to try!)
If you’re ready to start meal prepping your oatmeal breakfast to go and want to try some other flavors for variety, we recommend using rewrite-able labels on your mason jars.
Make sure to thoroughly clean with hot water between use and fully dry before refilling.
The work you put in for meal prep will fully pay off when you are savoring your fresh and flavorful breakfast. Yummmmm.