Buffalo Chicken Nuggets recipe offer bite-sized delights for dinner, meal prep and so much more. Make your healthy eating easier with a throwback to this childhood favorite sans the gluten. (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Low-Carb, Low-Sugar)
I’ve come to a conclusion about life. Making healthier food with buffalo sauce is one heck of an easier way to eat healthy.
As many of you know, I have a weird aversion to chicken breasts. I CAN eat then, but they most certainly are not my first choice. The problem with my aversion is this: Chicken breasts offer a decently lean option when looking for protein.
How do I get around this aversion? Chopped into small bite-size pieces (where I can inspect each piece) is the only way to go. Alas, these buffalo chicken nuggets came to be.
Dipped into our dairy-free ranch dressing … OMG yes.
And baked in the oven. Double YES.
If you really want to join the cool crowd take the leftovers and put the nuggets into a Buffalo Chicken Salad.
That’s what I did with the Buffalo Chicken Nuggets for meal preps. Perfection.
When ‘breading’ the chicken nuggets you have to trick your tastebuds into thinking this is bad for you … In reality you’ve packed low-carb, protein deliciousness by using almond flour.
TIP: Make sure you use very finely ground almond flour. It’ll help coat the chicken easier.
Now, I wouldn’t think most children would be able to tolerate the heat of the buffalo sauce. I’m a 27-year-old who couldn’t handle the hot sauce heat until just about a year ago. I may be the exception.
I’m proud my tastebuds have adapted and I can handle more heat. Not sure if it’s just because I’m getting older or if it’s because i’ve been training for this.
Training to actually ENJOY the flavor of hot sauce and not focused on the fact my mouth was on fire.
I taste pure flavor now. Like our Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Rice Skillet … these Buffalo Chicken Nuggets are a family staple.
Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
Snacks, Quick and Easy
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Low-Carb, Low-Sugar
Prep Time: 8min
Cook Time: 15min
Total Time: 23min
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- In a small bowl whisk together almond flour, gluten-free flour, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, paprika and salt.
- In a medium bowl with chicken pieces, fold in with flour mixture. Gently stir hot sauce and sunflower oil until chicken pieces are completely covered.
- Prepare baking sheet with by greasing with some more sunflower oil or cooking spray for high heat.
- Place buffalo chicken pieces onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.
- Serve immediately.