Are you ready for chocolate chip cookie foodporn?
I know I am! Let’s get this cookie ball rolling. I am so excited to introduce a flourless, healthier cookie to you guys! I created a spectacular recipe for you guys last year introducing a skinny chocolate chip cookie and many of you still are flocking to that recipe everyday. (THANK YOU!)
Well here a adaption to my peeps out there that can’t have flours and coconut flour. (like me now)
Introducing the Healthy Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookie! Ta-Da!
I’m going to put this in perspective. Two batches of these (24 cookies) were demolished between Roland and I in 5 days…. Yeah I’ll admit it. I felt like the cookie monster took me over. I couldn’t get enough! So much so I had a thought of hiding the remaining cookies from Roland so I could have them all to myself!
Don’t worry no cookies were wasted in this development. I happily ate them all.
I’ve been missing a ooey gooey chocolate chip cookie since going grain-free. Man my body couldn’t be happier though. I’ve been able to make connections like chronic heartburn, sinus congestion and headaches to eating flours. Crazy huh.
I’ve dabbled in making my own gluten-free flours but my picky criteria even more so limits me and I haven’t found a fabulous ratio yet. Hopefully that will come soon. In all reality I don’t believe we should be consuming those kind of ‘flours’ on a daily basis either way. Sticking to the natural foods as much as possible is my health route.
So meanwhile I’ll stick with my almond flour (i.e. ground up almonds). Can’t get any more natural than that!
Lets Get to the Nitty Gritty of this Recipe:
- These cookies will look like they are not cooked coming out of them oven. No worries. Let them fully cool and they will become a moist cookie that you are able to handle and devour.
- Measure out your amount of applesauce to the ‘T’. Adding too much will make them extra gooey, so much so they will not harden. Nonetheless, they will taste delicious anyways. So if you make this mistake eh oh well. Just have to make another batch to get it right.
- Are you afraid it didn’t cook all the way through? Don’t worry, there is just plain edible ingredients in it! Hecks just eat it raw if you want 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- in a medium bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract, honey and mix well.
- Stir in the peanut butter and applesauce until combined well then fold in chocolate chips
- If the mixture is a little sticky for handling try refrigerating it for 15mins to help
- Drop the dough onto a parchment prepared baking sheet by the tablespoons.
- Bake them for about 8-10 minutes
- They will look not fully cooked. Let them fully cool on baking sheet.
- Store in a airtight container, or just eat them all in one day, your choice.
COME HANG OUT WITH ME BELOW
If you’re looking for healthy dessert options, click HERE.
If you like this, you also might like this: