Pumpkin Bread can be healthy, low-sugar, gluten-free and vegan friendly. Say hello to Fall flavor in all its glory! (Gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan-friendly)
I swear my pumpkin obsession will end soon. You think this many pumpkin recipes are normal? I’m going to say YES to make myself feel better.
It is by far my favorite season, I just want to roll around in everything and anything that reminds me of fall. Fall scented candles? Yes please. Cold crisp morning runs? Yes please! Crock pot soups? Yesssssssssss.
OK, so perhaps my obsession with fall and pumpkin might not be normal. One thing that I will say though, this pumpkin bread is amazingly delicious.
It’s the perfect combination of bread with pumpkin spice. You easily can sub away from the brown sugar crust but I believe it puts it right over the edge of into “Oh my gerd I want to eat the entire loaf.” Believe me, you will.
Might just mean that you’ll need to eat the entire loaf in one day? … Yes, yes I believe that is doable.
Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Vegan-friendly
Yield: 3 mini loaves
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 40 min
- Pumpkin Bread
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs (or 2 flax eggs)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 cups whole wheat flour / gluten-free flour
- 5 Tablespoons honey
- Brown Sugar Crust
- 1/4 cup all-purpose/wheat flour/gluten-free flour
- 1 Tablespoon Grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Whisk eggs together first then add all other ingredients. You can also use a mixer.
- Place in mini loaf pan greased with a little olive oil. Bake for 25-35 minutes
- Stir together flour, brown sugar and grape seed oil together for brown sugar crust.
- You can put brown sugar crust on right away, or I opted to put it on halfway through baking.