OK, so perhaps my obsession with fall and pumpkin might not be normal. One thing that I will say though, this pumpkin bread is amazingly delicious. It’s the perfect combination of bread with pumpkin spice. You easily can sub away from the brown sugar crust but I believe it puts it right over the edge of into ‘Oh my gerd I want to eat the entire loaf’. Believe me, you will.
- 1¼ cup pumpkin
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs (or 2 flax eggs)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 cups whole wheat flour / gluten-free flour
- 5 Tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Whisk eggs together first then add all other ingredients. You can also use a mixer.
- Place in mini loaf pan greased with a little olive oil. Bake for 25-35 minutes
- Stir together flour, brown sugar and grapeseed oil together for brown sugar crust.
- You can put brown sugar crust on right away, or I opted to put it on halfway through baking.
*This should make a normal loaf, cooking time I am unsure. I'd guess probably 40-50 minutes. Or keep checking with a knife until it comes out clean.
COME HANG OUT WITH ME BELOW
If you like this, you also might like these:
If you like this recipe please SHARE with the options below!