Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken soup. Ditch the canned garbage and make it at home with basic ingredients in under 15 minutes flat! You’ll never buy the expensive cream of anything ever again.
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free friendly)
Ready for a more cost-effective way to get condensed cream of chicken soup? There are gluten-free options out there, but what isn’t out there is cheap and gluten-free condensed cream of chicken soup.
I’ve purchased the store-bought in the past and was always taken back at the cost of these little containers of questionable (yet delicious) cream of chicken or cream of mushroom.
That’s why I began making it myself and I’m going to show you how to make it. After you see just how easy this is, you’ll be doing the same.
All you need for Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- Chicken Broth (easily adapt to Vegetable Broth for a Vegetarian version)
- Milk or dairy-free alternative
- Gluten-Free 1-1 Flour
- Seasoning like parsley, garlic and onion.
Yup, that’s all it takes!
You can make a whole ca of cream of chicken soup for the cost of one tiny canned package. Ditch the cans and make your own.
Simple ways to elevate the condensed cream of chicken:
- Add some finely chopped chicken if you’d like.
- Use gluten-free chicken stock versus chicken broth. Chicken stock has a stronger flavor and is divine. However, it is sometimes difficult for us to find a chicken stock that is gluten-free where we live so always be mindful and check out the ingredients before purchasing.
Now this homemade condensed cream of chicken soup is NOT suppose to be eaten alone. This is meant to go into dishes that call for condensed cream of chicken.
What is Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup?
- Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup is simply a thick chicken based sauce. It’s creamy and adds additional flavor to your soups and dinners.
Other ways you can use this delicious recipe:
- Add water to it, add some veggies and make your own homemade cream of chicken soup.
- Add it to casseroles, dinners, etc. anything that calls for it!
- Add it to pasta to make quick creamy dinners like adding it to this Fettuccine with Bacon.
- Freezing Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup to use for later!
So many uses and while I was going through my grandmother’s old recipes! I realized there sure are a lot of recipes I’d like to try using condensed cream of chicken soup but now I’m going to be using my own. 🙂