Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie recipe made healthy with just 5-ingredients. This super easy low-sugar pumpkin pie is made with an almond flour crust making it low carb and a happy tummy.
(Healthy, Low-Carb, Low-Sugar, Dairy-Free & Vegan Friendly)
If I could make just one more pie in my life, it seriously might be this Healthy Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie. After putting together this new recipe, I have one important takeaway: We do not make or have enough pie in our lives.
Well, at least I don’t have enough pie in my life.
Is pumpkin pie gluten-free?
- Very fortunately the filling IS gluten-free if you make it from scratch! You will have to be careful with pre-made fillings but with this recipe you don’t have to worry one bit!
- We’ve made a delicious gluten-free pie crust to go with the pumpkin filling.
- Gluten-free and non gluten-free eaters alike will be devouring this gluten-free pumpkin pie recipe not having a clue it is indeed gluten-free!
The main reason is that R has an uncontrollable weakness for pie. More specifically, pumpkin pie; he would survive on pumpkin pie and pumpkin pie alone, if he could.
Putting this in perspective, it gives me a very picky, highly regarded pumpkin pie expert right here in-house.
Thanksgiving is coming our way FAST.
The requirement: Non gluten-free eaters will not be able to tell the difference.
Looking for a special scoop of somethin’? Check out this Sugar-Free Low Carb Ice Cream from Wholesome Yum!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Crust
I wanted it to be crispy on the edges and incorporate the buttery crust we all know and love. Mission accomplished.
After I and the famous pumpkin pie taste tester agreed it was right on the money, I realized how much better this pie was compared to the traditional pumpkin pies!
Low-carb individuals, I have found the only pie crust recipe you will ever need!
We’ve done it. We’ve made Healthy Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
If you really think about it, Healthy Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie sounds like something that would never work. By cutting the sugar more in half at 12 grams of sugar per slice, you seriously do not miss the other 16 grams of sugar. You can also try out our crustless pumpkin pie
This pie filling is sweet, moist, and decadent, paired perfectly with the buttery low-carb crust. It is pumpkin pie pillowy heaven.
I often wonder why we don’t make desserts like this from day one. I cannot tell the difference. More importantly, the ultimate pumpkin pie taster couldn’t either.
Craving pie of the apple persuasion? Check out this Deep Dish Double Crust Maple Apple Pie from Healthy Seasonal Recipes.
Pumpkin Pie Baking and Making Tips
- Watch your crust halfway through baking. If it started getting rather brown cover with foil to prevent from burning.
- In my ultimate and humble opinion, homemade whipped cream on top is what makes (and completes) a pie. You can easily make it using your immersion blender or make sure you have a very cold bowl to whip your heavy cream in. Both will do the trick.
In my ultimate and humble opinion, homemade whipped cream on top is what makes (and completes) a pie. You can easily make it using your immersion blender or make sure you have a very cold bowl to whip your heavy cream in. Both will do the trick.
How to Make Our Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Dairy-Free and Vegan
For Dairy-Free and Vegan options feel free to substitute both whipped cream and follow the recipe with the substitutions for those vegan pumpkin pie changes. Both will have people asking for me.
With this Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie that is low-sugar, low-carb, and low-calorie, it is totally doable to eat a second piece.
But as I said earlier, we need more pie in our lives, so help yourself to that third slice. 🙂