Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole is the perfect holiday dish with its creamy veggies swimming in a mushroom sauce and crunchy onion toppings! This Green bean casserole will even surprise your non gluten-free family members on how tasty it is!
This Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole is gracing us with her presence today. ‘Tis a fabulous day when a classic thanksgiving dish can be made gluten-free and our gluten-free individuals can enjoy a thanksgiving while everyone else won’t be able to tell the difference between gluten and gluten-free versions.
The day of feasting, stuffing our faces with creamy, delicious, appetizing dishes is almost here!
Let’s not waste any time.
What other dishes to feed for our gluten free thanksgiving
- Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole
- Gluten Free pumpkin pies
- Delicious Homemade broccoli salad
- Creamy mashed potatoes or perhaps some smashed sweet potatoes
- Mexican Pork Tamales
Yep, and I cannot waitttttt to eat the leftovers for days. My favorite part of Thanksgiving is the days of leftovers.
What type of beans to use in our gluten free green bean casserole?
FRESH GREEN BEANS. This is a must for a delicious a green bean casserole: You must use fresh green beans.
Does that mean you have to snap a lot of green beans? Yes, but trust me, it is worth it.
I grew up on the traditional green bean casserole with canned green beans. Never was a huge fan of green bean casserole until I made them with fresh green beans! It makes a HUGE difference.
Fresh Green Beans? Check
Chopped Onions? Check
Crispy Gluten-Free French Fried Onion Toppings? Check
Which leaves us with the one ingredient that had me stumped: The can of cream of mushroom soup.
What type of Cream of Soup to use in our Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole
- Purchase it: This is always your quickest way and this cream of mushroom soup is a fabulous vegetarian and gluten-free cream of soup to purchase if you don’t want to make it.
- Make it yourself: I found out earlier this year just how easy making cream of soup is. We go through details on how to make your own condensed cream of soup in this post here.
So now we have organic, natural cream of mushroom soup, gluten-free onion toppings, and fresh green beans to complete the perfect trifecta for the best Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole.
Making this Green Bean Casserole fit other dietary needs
- Vegetarian – Using cream of mushroom soup makes this dish vegetarian.
- Dairy-Free – If you follow and make your own cream of soup using dairy-free alternatives like advised on our cream of soup recipe you will successfully make this dish dairy-free!
- Gluten-Free – Well I feel like this is a given with the title of the recipe but worth that you will be finally able to make a gluten free green bean casserole using our Gluten-Free French Fried Onion Toppings recipe.
So while I do agree that this dish has a few more steps with perhaps having to make your own cream of soup and onion toppings, it is 100% worth it if you are a fan of green bean casserole and also feel like it HAS to be on the dinner table this season.
Are you guys ready for the holidays? Get it ALL in my belly. Helloooo stretchy pants.
Sarah Cummings says
Yehey! Thanks for sharing this recipe! 😍
Of course! Enjoy! 🙂
Makes me hungry reading this. I didn’t know there were gluten free french onions. Very excited to make this
Yes! You can make your own (thats what I have to do lol) or some find success finding them at aldi’s (WHICH I NEVER DO lol) So I’ve just given up trying to go from Aldi to Aldi and make our own.
Do I still boil the green beans if they are frozen green beans not fresh?
Can I use canned greenbeans?
Can you make this without using cream of mushroom soup?