For more information on sponsored posts and how they are helping run Veggie Balance: Click Here.
Cake Batter Blondies recipe with Chocolate Chips is the ultimate blondie cookie bar recipe for any occasion. Totally healthy with it entirely made from scratch with protein-packed almond flour. They are also completely dairy-free and gluten-free. #Winnnerrrrr.
Cake Batter Blondies
Pin it to your Dessert board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Veggie Balance for more great ideas and recipes!
You guys, these Cake Batter Blondies are dangerous. You know those moments where you find yourself eating the batter straight from the bowl?? Those perfect spoonfuls of butter, sugar and raw eggs? Oh yeah, we aren’t supposed to eat raw cookie batter, are we?
Well, putting aside the thought that cookie dough is forbidden, I had this thought run through my head: “I don’t care if I get sick from eating all this dough, it just tastes too good.”
I am extremely pleased to mention that most cake batter bars, well, they require a store bought cake mix. Mehhhhhhhhh. Not feeling that route.
Did I make my point? I’m the first to admit I’m lazy.
But there comes a point in everyone’s life when you realize that making your OWN cake from scratch is actually extremely easy. Like … really easy. I’ll show you how easy soon. But first lets make these Cake Batter Blondies. Let’s go.
First things first. We need to make a buttery, rich and vanilla-ny (did I just make a word up?) base for these Cake Batter Blondies.
I wanted these blondies to be thick and chewy, therefore, I went with my all-time favorite almond flour. This Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour has gotten me through these past two years of going gluten-free. I think it’s safe to say we are BFF’s by now. I’ve said this before, but I must say it again.
Do I repeat myself a lot? Thanks for listening to me ramble on, amazing readers that you are. I love you in that I don’t really know you, and yet I know that you listen to my ramblings and I love it, kind of way.
So my repetition of my unwavering love for almond flour begins. Simply put, it is amazing. It is simply ground up almonds. They are rich in manganese and Vitamin E along with those heart healthy monounsaturated fats.
Uhh, I can put almonds INTO a dessert, making it healthier versus a traditional treat, AND it’s gluten-free and dairy-free.
Almond Flour . . . you complete me.
More specifically, it completes me being able to devour these goodies without any thought that they are gluten-free. Non gluten-free friends had zero clue they were made with something different. #fistpoundmoment
In this recipe, I also used another product I love: dairy-free butter. These bars are dairy-free and at the same time ultra buttery with a decadent texture. Booya!
These can be made with whatever sprinkles you are feeling. For the upcoming Easter holiday, you can purchase the sprinkles I used here. Or whatever holiday is coming up, decorate them with a new set of festive sprinkles.
All you Snapchat followers know there was some legit blood, sweat, and perhaps even tears in making these happen. Five batches total were made to get them just right.
You can follow me over on Snapchat (username: VeggieBalance) to get a sneak peek behind the scenes at Veggie Balance along with more about my life and my deep obsession with guacamole and taco salads shown almost weekly.
But first, let’s face plant ourselves into a plate of these Cake Batter Blondies.
That’s the good life, my friends.
Need a little help making these buttery, decadent Gluten-Free Cake Batter Blondies? Check out VeggieBalance YouTube channel and watch the quick video showing just how easy it really is!
- ½ cup butter (or dairy-free butter options), softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips (use these if needing dairy-free)
- ¼ cupfestive sprinkles + plus extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Prepare 9x13 pan with a piece of parchment paper cover the bottom and sides.
- In a medium bowl add butter, white and brown sugar. Beat with a hand or stand mixer.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Beat for 3 minutes.
- Add baking powder, salt and ½ cup of almond flour.
- Continue mixing with the mixer, add remaining almond flour slowly until full incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate, sprinkles and white chocolate chips. (You may omit white chocolate chips and replace with more chocolate chips)
- Spread evenly into 9 x 13 pan. Add additional sprinkles on top for decoration.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Crust wants to turn into a dark brown. Coming out fresh from the oven will seem uncooked, let fully cool in the pan before slicing into squares.
- Store in a airtight container.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
YOU MIGHT LIKE: