Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe brings you the Chinese Food goodie you’ve been missing, sans the gluten! Allergy sufferers rejoice! (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Low-Sugar, Low-Carb)
All my fellow celiac and gluten intolerant individuals – I know there is something we miss with a fierceness.
Take-Out Chinese Food. And to be even more specific, those delicious egg rolls.
Don’t worry, if you don’t miss these foods I still will be your friend (But seriously, how could you NOT miss it?) Being able to quickly grab some Chinese food on your lunch break is a thing of the past for the gluten intolerance/allergy crowd.
I absolutely LOVED grabbing a pint of vegetable fried rice and eating straight out of the large cardboard carry-out container for breakfast, lunch and dinner. #NoShame
I went for our mock-up Pho Soup in a Jar after having to go gluten-free. Tis’ was a good solution.. until this freakin’ delicious protein packed dinner.
After paved the way to make gluten-free vegetable fried rice at home, I felt at peace with my Chinese Take Out limitations.
I was content – until I made this Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe by Whole New Mom and I said OH-MY-WORD more please! I made a couple changes to the recipe myself. Somehow, I had forgotten how much I was missing Egg Rolls!
It is seriously so simple, healthily packed with veggies and I just KNEW everyone here in the VB community would love it. (Because, I freaking absolutely love it myself and we have a lot in common.)
TIP: Make sure you use gluten-free tamari sauce! Or use coconut aminos!
This egg roll in a bowl are craveable and delicious, I’ve made it multiple times! Which being a single person household for the last 7 months you’d think I’d be sick of eating it. Nope. Give me more.
The best part, it heats up perfectly for lunches and meal-preps!
This Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe fits perfectly with our busy lives. Just like the hundreds of recipes in The Easy Gluten-Free Cookbook. We deserve more easy in our lives.
Check out just how easy this is to make!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Low-Carb)
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 18min
Total Time: 28min
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or sesame oil if tolerated)
- 1 pound ground beef (ground turkey if desired)
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 9 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 3/4 cups shredded carrot
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup gluten-free tamari / soy sauce + more to taste.
- Add oil to large skillet on medium-high heat. Add ground beef, cook until brown and drain grease, if any.
- Add chopped onion, cook until onions become translucent.
- Stir in garlic powder, ground ginger, crushed red pepper, black pepper and salt.
- Add cabbage and carrots. Stir it all together.
- Add honey and tamari sauce. Cook for another 12-15 minutes on medium heat, or until cabbage and carrots are tender.
- Serve onto a bed of brown rice or enjoy as-is!