Mini Chocolate Cream Pies recipe for perfect portion control and one less thing to worry about while entertaining. Make these ahead of time and simply serve! No cutting and plating needed. (Gluten Free, Dairy-Free and Vegan friendly)
I think we can all agree that any dessert in miniature form is a total heart-string tugger. Small finger food is the best – and when it is in dessert form it is pure perfection.
This time, however, we are taking it in the direction of sweet sweet chocolate.
Chocolate is and will always be my first choice for anything. Second to that is the combination of peanut butter with chocolate. So out of the box, I know. 😉
You make the mini pie crust just as you would with a normal pie crust. Roll it out on a well floured surface and take a round cut (ring from a 1 quart wide mouth mason jar works for my pans).
Then I like to gently roll them out just a tad more to help push into the well-greased muffin tin.
I’ve seen people bake these the opposite way (bottom side of muffin tin) with success. Just make sure you grease the pan well either way.
You can make these little Mini Chocolate Cream Pies ahead of time, which when it comes to any kind of entertaining this is a requirement.
Easy and ahead of time is my friend. Perhaps that’s why I do love tapas food so much.
Make the super easy whipped cream at home and you are all set.
These little bites of chocolate cream pie heaven are not only gluten-free, but they are low-sugar, and with dairy-free and vegan options!
Now I haven’t tried this yet but I don’t know why they wouldn’t work. Try something like this low-carb pie crust to make these even more of a low-carb treat.
Total pie win.
This will make about 2 dozen mini cream pies. You should only have to use half of the gluten-free pie crust. I like to freeze the remaining for whenever I want to quickly make a pie.
Mini Chocolate Cream Pies (Gluten Free)
Gluten Free, Dairy-Free and Vegan friendly
Yield: 2 dozen
Prep Time: 15min
Cook Time: 14min
Total Time: 29min
Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- 2 cups gluten-free flour + extra for rolling out
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed (or dairy-free butter alternative)
- ½ -2/3 cups cold water
- 1 egg
Chocolate Cream Pie Filling
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt or dairy-free yogurt sub
- 1 cup peanut butter (or another nut butter alternative)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (or dairy-free alternative)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup honey (agave nectar also works)
- In a large bowl together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Cut cold butter into flour mixture with a pastry cutter. You want the mixture to look like a rough meal.
- Slowly add cold water into mixture until it forms a ball of dough. You may need more than ½ cup water to form dough. You don't want the dough too wet or or dry.
- Flour counter, dough and rolling pin. Dump dough onto floured counter.
- Form the dough into a round ball, gently roll the dough into a rectangle. Fold dough into quarters and cut into half. Wrap dough in saran wrap and refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Take one half of the dough, roll out dough pie crust to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out 3 inch circles and push into a well greased muffin pan. Crimp and flute edges of each pie. Bake 11-15 minutes, or until crust is lightly brown.
- Allow pie crusts to fully cool before removing.
- In a medium bowl whip together yogurt, peanut butter, cocoa powder and honey.
- Spoon chocolate cream pie into cooled pie crusts.
- If desired, Top with fresh whipped cream, some fruit and chocolate chips.
Weight Watcher SmartPoints: 6